Interpipe considers quality control as a key part of the activities to manufacture products, exceeding customer needs.
Quality control is implemented at all stages of production process - starting from continuous casting at the in-house mini mill and up to nondestructive testing of pipe body and pipe ends and shipping to customers.
Our commitment to quality is confirmed by:
- Pipe products certification in compliance with major international standards API 5CT, API 5L, EN (DIN), ASTM, JIS, GOST and customer specifications
- Quality management system as per ISO 9001 and API Q1
- Application of high-integrity nondestructive testing techniques to ensure body and ends’ quality
- Implementation of a continuous improvement system at the Company mills
- Effectively operating customer reclamation System
Ongoing investments program
In our business, investments play a crucial role in making decisions on the Company’s future. Interpipe regularly invests in development of its production capacities, improvement of the output quality, and expansion of its product range. Currently we are carrying out a major investment program that will reinforce the Company’s vertical integration, boost our capacity in production of high quality products, and enhance our operating efficiency in pipe and wheel production.
Interpipe EAF steel making plant
In 2012 Interpipe will commission a new state-of-the-art electric steel making facility, called Dneprosteel. The mill production capacity amounts to 1.32 mln. tons of round steel billets a year. When completed, this will be the largest facility of its kind in Ukraine and Eastern Europe. This new facility will provide Company’s mills with high quality steel billets for the production of seamless pipes and railway wheels.
Our mini mill employs state of the art technologies, developed and supplied by Danieli Company from Italy, to provide the consistent steel production with different steel grades - from carbon to low-alloy ones.